Virden is a vibrant community with a commitment to provide exceptional recreational facilities for its citizens, surrounding communities and guests.
With the opening of the new Virden Regional Multi-purpose Recreation Facility on June 18th, 2011 we have taken a further step to provide for our recreational needs now and in the future.
On August 17th, 2012 we were proud to announce that Tundra Oil and Gas purchased the naming rights to our recreation facility.
Tundra Oil and Gas Place features:
* 1200 seat heated arena with an NHL sized ice surface
* 500 seat Community Hall with full kitchen facilities
* Fitness facility ( Virden and Area Fitness Co-op. Memberships available at the Town of Virden office)
* Walking/running track
* Concession area
* Skate sharpening (located on the lower level of the Arena)
* Meeting/training rooms
* Locker rooms with washrooms/ showers
* Storage rooms for your equipment
* Wired internet sevice
* Free parking
* Outdoor seasonal pool with locker and washrooms/showers
* Elevator to upper concourse area
* Handicap accessible facility
* ATM machine
With an on-site swimming pool, 4 baseball diamonds, 4 livestock barns, a 4 sheet privately managed curling rink and off-site tennis courts, soccer pitch and several parks Virden offers something for everyones recreation needs.